Resource Page for Staff
We are currently recruiting for our 2023 Summer Camp Staff positions. Check out the job descriptions for more information.
Below are resources for hired Summer Camp Staff.
- Every staff member will need to fill out an adult application if 18 or over. Staff that is under 18, will need to fill out a youth application. This will need to be turned in by January 31, 2023, regardless of if you are already a registered member in Scouting. (Code for Adult Staff-"49" and Youth Staff-"68")
- Staff will be required to complete a physical for summer camp. Below you can print off the BSA Health Form, Part A, B, and C. Part C will need to be completed by a physician. The health forms are due upon arrival of the first day of work.
- Staff that are 16 and 17 will need to fill out a work permit. Work permit are granted online through the N.C. Deptartment of Labor website. Work permits are due by January 31, 2023.
- Staff will also be required to complete Youth Protection Training, Hazardous Weather Training and Sexual Harrasment Training. You can access information about these trainings below. Online trainings will be due by February 28, 2023.
- Some key staff members will be required to complete National Camp School Training. More information on Camp School will be posted at a later time.
Summer Camp Staff Dates: Staff that attend 2 out of the 3 optional work dates, have the opportunity to start at a higher pay rate that the normal pay rate.
- February 25
Merit Badge University (optional) Staff can learn in-person how to teach a merit badge session.
- March 4
Camp Day of Service (optional) Staff can spend the day volunteering or see your program area. Get to know your station and make a final list of program supplies needed.
- May 12-14 (optional)
- June 2-4
Staff Weekend (optional) All staff paperwork and training certificates must be turned in except the BSA Medical Form.
- June 11-17 Staff Week (Mandatory)
- June 18-24 Week One
- June 25-July 1 Week Two
- July 2-July 8 Week Three
- July 9-July 15 Week Four
- July 16-July 22 Week Five
- July 23-July 29 ROTC Week - (Certain staff positions only)